Loading...

A Day Comes. Another Goes.

Eh yo~ HANG JEBAT! Eh yo~ HANG JEBAT!

When I inclined my head to look at the gorgeous skyline, it was then that I realised we were up so early before dawn breaks for Sports Day. I was pacing towards the R&R while I kept my ears busy with all the chanting of timing of marchers from all contingents representing all houses and uniform body who were there earlier to practice for one last time before the real thing starts.

At 7.30am, the sun is up, trying to penetrate its ray through the thick layer of dark clouds but to no avail. Marchers gathered behind the hall to prepare themselves for the day. Within spilt seconds, green house and purple house marchers started to stomp their feet hard against the semen ground while chanting " Kiri, Kiri, Kiri Kanan Kiri...".

I waited anxiously under the shady tree, watching purple house marchers doing their formation in front of the stage and listening hard for Daniel's command in the mean time. By the time purple house marching team was out of sight, we made a grand entrance to the front of the stage. I was oblivious of the cheering crowd when I was shouting my lungs out while doing the formation ( It requires lots of shouting and 100x of spirit doing the Hakka thing and the Baseball routine ). After all the commotion blue house marchers had created, I vividly saw our headmistress's big grin. Guess our formation and sophisticated routine was beyond satisfaction?

We were lucky enough to be able to stand in the field for around 40 minutes in that cloudy morning. The sun was completely blocked by layers of thick clouds. However, I could not help but to sweat profusely as the air was still at that moment. Minutes before contingents were getting ready to leave the field, sunlight broke free and lighten the entire school ground. :)

After eaten two pathetic pieces of sandwiches and a piece of sugar rich donut, I went back to the stage as representative for prize-giving ceremony which then earned myself a pair of Adidas socks. :D I guess it was because of sugar rush, I was extremely high-spirited and was shouting and cheering as athletes zoomed pass me.

Clock struck 11.30am when all the marchers of all contingents gather around the front of the stage again. Sugar rush not over. I found myself cheering at the top of my lungs again. Finally, one of the important juncture of my high school life before graduating has arrived. Announcing the champion of this year's inter-house marching competition... The suspense was killing, although I knew it will be no other but Blue House. I let my head dropped while closing my eyes to listen to the instant quiet crowd after Pn. Doreen began announcing the result with my fingers crossed.

" Rumah... Hang... JEBAT! Blue house wins again! " I felt the chill slid down my spine then spread to the whole body till the tips of my trembling fingers. It wasn't the cold which caused it, in fact, the joy and achievement. I could not be any happier than that moment. Well, obviously I started cheering like a cheerleader alongside my teammates, subconsciously leaping up into the air with hands waving furiously. Watching Brandon, our house captain held the trophy firmly in the air was overwhelming.

I suddenly had the strong sense of deja vu. I found us doing the winning strategy again - Hakka in front of the cheering crowd. Of course, as usual, blue house marchers are crazy enough to paint our faces and that was one of the asset which carried us all the way to the top. * Cheers* All eyes were on us once more watching how we kicked it. It was plain bliss.

4966_96790287977_573197977_1919527_6384841_n

And therefore, Sports Day ended with blue house winning the champion for marching, second for house decorations and second for overall house cup. :D

4966_96800117977_573197977_1919650_4951089_n

Listening to: Dance With My Father Again by Luther Vandross

Love, Eve.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Esplanade of Dreams.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.