Loading...

Humanitarian Aid, Propagate Love

120px-Emblem-favorites.svg

Hamper Day was pushed forward to last Friday which is on the 13th of February. I guess it was because of the Valentine's Day which falls on the day after Friday. Therefore, the school took the opportunity to spread more love and show more affection to the less fortunate citizens.

Hamper Day was a disappointment yet it was a day which was filled with much rejoice. The students had to stand under the glaring sun for a moderately long time as past years. The intolerable heat that radiates on our sweaty skin is what we loathe most during an assembly. What made the situation worse was that set of Baju Kurung which hung across my body that morning.

Everything seemed like there were written to make up for our sufferings. I admit that I worried about Pn. Cheong yet deep down, I do not give a damn about who is going to teach us Biology while she was gone. I do not even listen when she was teaching since the second day of her class. Even if I do, I will not be able to catch up nor understand whatever she is teaching.

Despite the downside, there were many free periods on that day provided that Pn. Cheong was not around, skipped Moral for the Hamper Day special assembly and En. Kamal went to some homes to distribute the hampers. CHEERS! Of course I made use of the time doing my homework and study for next weeks carried forward History test.

250px-Antique_Valentine_05 Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day or Saint Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14 on which lovers express their love and affection for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. Many of those who were currently unavailable went out for dates with their beloved. As for singles like my siblings and I, we preferred going out to the mall with our parents than staying at home and rot in front of the TV while chewing popcorns. Another family night out bonding session which is as common as clouds in my family! ( not to talk about being in a dessert ) :D

I was strolling behind my parents and siblings when I spot Daniel Joseph walked pass me on the opposite side of the mall. I reached for my mobile phone lying in my handbag and text him an extemporaneous message. And we chatted in front of Efficient Herbs while my family members were in there buying things. :) What a coincidence!

Happy Valentine's Day to all lovers in this whole wide world!

Affectionate Evelyn

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Esplanade of Dreams.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.